Osmo Mobile 3 (OM3) is DJI’s first foldable smartphone gimbal, offering great portability, one-handed control, and added intelligent functions. In this article, we will compare OM3 to the Osmo Mobile 2 (OM2) to help you make an informed buying decision.
OM3 has three noticeable changes to its exterior design compared to OM2:
1. Foldable Design
While both gimbals are highly portable, OM3 is lighter and foldable. Also, OM3 has a foldable grip tripod, providing increased portability and stability.
2. New Gimbal Design
OM3 is easier and quicker to balance because only the roll axis needs to be leveled. The foldable gimbal also features a newly designed phone holder, which lets you make small adjustments to help balance the device.
OM3’s phone holder does not block the bottom of a phone, making it possible to charge the phone during shooting.
3. Ergonomic Grip
OM3 has a 15° angled handle with a rubber grip, optimized for comfort during long periods of usage.
The M button on OM3 offers some new functions compared to OM2.
On OM3, the M button can be used to quickly alternate between the portrait and landscape mode without having to rebalance the device.
The OM3 M button can activate the new Standby Mode, which enables you to use your smartphone when the gimbal is folded.
The OM3 M button can also be used to access the Quick Menu, which allows you to change shooting modes and check your footage without touching the phone screen.
Smart Shooting Modes
OM3 supports new smart shooting modes that are fun and easy to use.
With some simple gestures, OM3 can start tracking you to take a photo or start recording.
Using the powerful DJI Mimo App, OM3 provides multiple creative templates to shoot cinematic videos that are easy to edit and share.
OM3 brings new and updated creative shooting modes to make your everyday moments extraordinary.
Utilizing intelligent vision algorithms, OM3’s ActiveTrack 3.0 can accurately recognize people, and reliably track both people and subjects.
OM3 combines its 3-axis gimbal stabilization with electronic image stabilization (EIS), resulting in super-smooth Hyperlapse videos.
Sport Mode contains optimized algorithms that let OM3capture fast-paced action more easily and steadily.
After highlighting the main features above, let’s take a look at the specifications of OM3 and OM2:
Which Smartphone Gimbal Should You Buy?
OM2 and OM3 are two powerful smartphone gimbals on the market. They are both portable, smart, and reliable, with a long-lasting battery. As DJI’s first foldable 3-axis smartphone stabilizer, OM3 brings you a portable design and incredibly smart shooting modes for more creative footage. So, get out there, capture your unique moments, and transform your world!
• Please read the following shipping instructions carefully. Product that arrives damaged in shipment, without an RMA number or without appropriate warranty information, will be, returned to the sender non-repaired. Products, damaged through neglect due to improper packaging or in shipment, will have the warranty voided and will be processed and returned to you non-repaired. Note: An example of improper packaging would be sending a product back in an envelope.
• Only products and quantities authorized through the Return Material Authorization process will be accepted. If your RMA packing list is in error, ie. Wrong product description, wrong model number, wrong capacity please contact DronePoint Customer Support prior to shipment.
• All products require stable and sufficient packing material, needed to protect the product from ESD (Electro Static Discharge) influences and possible damage during transport. Required Packaging Steps:
A. Place item in ESD (Electro Static Discharge) Bag (For electronics only.)
B. Wrap with 2 inches of bubble wrap or non-movable foam cushioning
C. Place in sturdy cardboard box. Do not use chipboard, as it is not strong enough to withstand the rigors of transit. Please make sure the corrugated carton is free from defects and is structurally sound. Note: Returning an item in an envelope, will void the warranty.
D. Please write the Return Material Authorization number on outside packaging, on three sides in bold print.
E. When shipping multiple items, each item must be, packed as above, items must not directly touch each other and cannot move inside the packaging. All products must be, packed in individual anti-static bags and in a sturdy cardboard box. Please utilize original packaging when available. DO NOT USE peanuts or packing material that can shift or settle during transit. Warning: Returning an item in an envelope, will void the warranty.
• Send your product to the address located on our Page. Retain a record of your RMA number and all tracking/shipping numbers for your records. This will allow DronePoint to better serve you with possible inquiries.
• Your Return Material Authorization number must be visible on 3 sides of the box. Any package sent in without an RMA number will be returned to you non-repaired.
• Use a traceable carrier. Use a traceable carrier for transport or a signed for service (i.e., Airborne, Fed Ex, UPS, XpressPost, etc.) with the post office (Canadian customers only) as they provide you with a tracking number and proof of delivery. The cost of sending an item to our service center for warranty service, is paid by the customer. DronePoint pays for the return shipment. If upon arrival your products are out of warranty the shipment will be returned to you at YOUR COST.